Hi all! 🙂
I’m thrilled and delighted to have reached 100 followers on my blog! I truly want to thank each and everyone of you for choosing to follow my journey on Unfiltered Reality. Some of you may know that I have kept my identity anonymous, and I’m still doing that purely because a lot of what I share in regards to my struggles with anxiety is very personal and raw, and I’m not ready to share that with everyone I know (not yet anyways).
Thanks for everyone who has tuned in, and in honour of 100 followers, here are 100 random questions to get to know me a bit better (Questions taken from Thought Catalog, with some being edited for relevance):
1. What is one thing that brings a smile to your face, no matter the time of day?
My neighbour’s cat
2. What’s is one thing that you’re proud of?
Moving halfway across the world to London, nearly 7 years ago, when I didn’t know a single person here and now London has become the city I call home.
3. What makes you laugh?
My family and friends
4. When you’re feeling super lazy, what’s your guilty-pleasure Netflix show?
It’s not on Netflix, but my
guilty pleasure is definetely reality show Vanderpump Rules, which can be found on HAYU if you’re in the UK
5. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
Saying bye to my mom in London after moving into uni halls, and the wave of fear that hit me when I realised I was on my own for the firm time.
6. What is one memory you have from childhood?
I have loads, but my first memory is around the time I was 3, playing with a Cinderella castle with my cousin in Colombia.
7. What’s the best thing about your life right now?
That I have no idea where its going, and for once I’m okay with that.
8. What is one thing that you’re thankful for?
Having family and friends who love me unconditionally.
9. What’s one thing that you fear?
10. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Bridesmaids- I have watched it countless times and it never fails to crack me up. It also brings a smile to my face because I watched it for the first time with my mom in the cinema in London, it was the best escapism as I anticipated the dreaded moment I would have to say bye to my mom.
11. Can you tell me one thing, big or small, that you’ve never told anyone else?
I don’t share everything with everyone, but I legitimately can’t think of anything that I have not told at least one person- once you really get to know me, I am an open book.
12. If you were forced to leave your home and move to a county you’ve never been before, what are three things that you’d take with you?
My boyfriend, my phone, and my wardrobe
13. What’s a favorite memory with a pet/animal?
Racing my dog for a frisbee at the beach
14. Who are you closest to in your family?
15. What’s your family like?
Loud, complicated, and loving
16. What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
17. What’s your favorite joke?
I don’t have one, it is all dependent on what is said and what context it is told in when it is said…I laugh a lot at really random things but they won’t really make sense if I share them as they tend to all be inside jokes!
18. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done?
When I was 17, I was staying at my aunt’s house in Australia and she showed me all the hams and meats I could use if I ever wanted to make a sandwich. I noticed some prosciutto that my aunt hadn’t mentioned, but I reckoned she wouldn’t mind me using it. Three days later after having used quite a bit of the prosciutto, I turn to my friend who was with me and said: ‘This prosciutto looks unusually fatty, don’t you think”. My friend then turned to me and responded “You’re eating bacon”. Biggest face palm moment of my life. Thank goodness I had been toasting the sandwiches!
19. If you could rewrite your past, what’s one thing you’d change?
I wouldn’t want to rewrite anything because I may not be where I am today, but hindsight is 20/20 and I think the biggest thing I would do differently is to not change my personality to fit in with other people out of fear of not being accepted.
20. What do you think your best physical feature is?
21. What’s one thing about yourself, personality-wise, that you like?
My open-mindedness- I have a lot of different friends with different personalities and backgrounds, and I consider myself very non-judgemental, which is why I have built very deep relationships with my friends as they feel they can always trust me with whatever they want to share.
22. When you’re feeling down, who or what is your biggest go-to person or activity?
23. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
24. What’s one thing you’re super passionate about?
25. If you had to lose one of your five senses, which would you give up and why?
26. What’s the hardest thing, physically, you’ve ever done?
The first time I did an intensive cardio HIIT training (and the last as it triggers my migraines)
27. What’s the hardest thing, mentally, you’ve ever done or been through?
When I was 17 my anxiety was peaking, and I felt consistently down and my relationship with my parents was becoming strained, there was definitely a moment where I seriously thought my parents would kick me out because my anxiety was becoming too much of a burden.
28. What’s the best part about your job?
29. What’s one thing that defines who you are?
My optimism- I think that no matter how hard times can be, I never lose hope and I am always optimistic that good things will come no matter how bad life can feel
30. If tomorrow was your last day on earth, what would you do in your last 24 hours?
I don’t want to get into that because thinking about it would make me too anxious.
31. What do you believe in, generally or faith-wise?
I am not religious- I wouldn’t call myself an atheist, I’d call myself agnostic because I’m not denying there is a higher power out there but I think there is certainly a part of me that would like to believe there is.
32. If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
Empathetic, Open-minded, and Optimistic
33. Where’s the coolest place you’ve ever been/traveled to?
34. What’s one thing people would never know about you just by looking at you?
Everything- I truly believe you can’t assume anything about anyone by just looking them!
35. What’s one thing about the opposite sex that you’re attracted to?
36. What are three qualities you look for in a potential date?
Humour, kindness, and ambition
37. What’s the sweetest thing you’ve ever done?
I know it sounds materialistic, buy I do put a lot of genuine effort into buying friends and family gifts and I take a lot of joy in buying them things that I know will make them happy.
38. How would your friends describe you?
Kind, hilarious, and loving
39. What’s your all-time favorite memory?
I have so many- I really can’t decide on one! A lot of my favourite memories involve small moments such as uncontrollably laughing with friends or family.
40. What are your parents like?
Open-minded and loving- they are very opinionated but equally supportive of whatever I choose to do
41. What’s your go-to alcoholic drink?
Gin and tonic
42. What would be your ideal first date?
43. If you could have three wishes, what would they be?
I just have one- the entire universe’s health and happiness
44. If you could a full 24 hours without any work or obligations, a day to just do whatever you wanted, what would you do?
On a day I’m not working and have no obligations, I love to do an extensive skincare routine, go to a class, go for brunch with my boyfriend, and then spend the rest of the day catching up on all my favourite television shows.
45. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
That I was the most honest person my boyfriend ever met
46. What is something you’re talented at?
47. What’s your favorite college memory?
Living across the hall from all of my friends
48. What is your best friend like?
I don’t have one best friend, I have quite a few, and while they’re all different what they all share in common is their kindness and a wicked sense of humour.
49. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
London, where I am living now.
50. What’s one thing you want to do before you die?
Pursue my passion of writing as a full-time job, maybe even get a novel published!
51. If someone gave you a million dollars right now, what would you spend it on?
I’d give half to my parents, and I would put the other half in savings.
52. Have you ever made a decision that changed your entire life? If so, what was it?
Moving to London.
53. What’s your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
54. What’s your zodiac sign? And do you think it describes you?
Sagittarius- I can’t deny there are a lot characteristics I can relate to, in particular optimism and being and a love for travel. However, I think that’s a mere coincidence and there are a lot of characteristics across other zodiac signs I can relate to.
55. What’s your biggest regret?
Feeling like I need to change my personality to make other people happy.
56. What can always put you in a good mood?
57. What’s your guilty pleasure snack, drink, or junk food?
Sponge cake and coca cola- darn I drink way too much coke and that is actually something I’m trying to give up completely!
58. If you were forced to eat fast food for your every meal, what would be your top two places?
Leon and Chipotle.
59. What’s one thing you wish you could change about yourself?
Caring so much about what other people think of me.
60. If you had the option to hit restart and begin life all over again, would you?
There is definitely the temptation to as there are a lot of things I would do differently knowing what I know now, but there is no telling life would be any different as all you can do is your best with what you know at the time.
61. Have you ever lost someone close to you? What were they like?
62. What’s your favorite social media profile?
I’m much more active on Facebook, but I prefer to scroll through Instagram as I get to be up to speed with a lot of my favourite celebs.
63. What’s one thing that totally relaxes you when you’re stressed?
Exercise- it’s a challenge because I want to convince myself I can’t deal with exercise when I’m stressed, but once I do it I feel relieved and regenerated.
64. What’s a random hobby you’ve always wanted to try but never have?
I tried aerial dance only once but never got into it again, but I really want to!
65. When was the last time you cried, and why did you?
During Avengers Infinity War (no spoilers I promise)
66. What scares you the most about the future?
I’m not scared because, as I mentioned, I don’t know what is going to happen and I’m okay with that for a change. In fact, it makes me happy as it means there are endless possibilities to be excited over.
67. Do you want to have children someday?
Yes, three, but not before I’m 35.
68. What do you imagine your future family will be like?
Loving, quirky, and fun.
69. Have you ever done or accomplished something you never thought you could? What was it?
Passing Managerial Accounting during university, I legitimately thought I was going to fail and was seriously stressing about having to ask my parents to pay extra to retake the credit. It sounds minor but it really emotionally affected me how much I was struggling and was so ecstatic when I passed!
70. What’s one thing you could never live without?
Family and friends.
71. Who is one person you could never live without?
I don’t like to say I couldn’t live without one person, but I certainly wouldn’t want to live without my friends and loved ones.
72. What’s your favorite vacation place?
73. Would you rather go out or stay in on a Saturday night?
Saturday nights are staying in nights for me, I much rather go out on Friday.
74. What’s your favorite quote, line of poetry, or sentence?
“If I waited for perfection, I would never write a word.”
― Margaret Atwood
75. What’s your favorite family memory?
Having dinner together after coming back from London and not having seen them for long periods of time.
76. What’s one thing that helps you decide you can trust someone?
Their kindness. I don’t need everyone to accept or event agree with everything I do or feel, but as long as they are kind to me I know I can trust them.
77. Have you been in love before?
Yes and I still am 🙂
78. How would you explain what ‘love’ is?
Smiling by merely thinking about the person.
79. Have you ever gotten your heart broken?
80. What’s one thing you’ve learned about yourself from a past relationship?
That I really value my independence, and I have no time for jealousy
81. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Tourists with umbrellas on Oxford Circus
82. What’s one thing that’s a total turn off?
A lack of sense of humour
83. What’s one thing that’s a total turn on?
Being able to make me laugh out loud.
84. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Moving to London where I didn’t know a single soul, after spending much of my teenage years anxious to even go on an overnight school trip.
85. What’s your go-to drink/food/activity when you’re sick and in bed?
Watching loads of telly, drinking water and tea, and probably eating a pizza depending on how sick I am!
86. What’s the scariest thing that ever happened to you as a kid?
When my brother and I were kids, my dad had to leave the house for a meeting and told my brother and I not worry as my mom would be arriving home within a few minutes. Nearly an hour later my mom still hadn’t arrived, and my brother and I were terrified. We had no neighbours and were horrified that something had gone wrong. Thankfully, my mom was fine, but she was so late because she had a flat tire in the middle of the nowhere and no signal to contact us.
87. Who in your family, immediate or extended, are you the most similar to?
I am equally similar to my mom and dad in terms of the ‘negative’ qualities I take from them (sorry mom and dad I love you but it’s true!). I definitely take after my mom’s shyness and tendency to exaggerate, whilst I certainly have taken after my dad when it comes to being stubborn and having a temper.
88. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I have no clue and that’s okay!
89. What’s your favorite song or artist?
It changes all the time. At the moment, I’m blasting Maniac by Michael Sembello. In terms of artists, I usually love anything by Lana del Rey.
90. What would be your dream job?
A TV/Film critic.
91. If you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be?
I feel like it would be far too narcissistic to assume my life could be written about in a book at 25!
92. What’s your favorite word?
93. What keeps you up at night?
My boyfriend’s snoring.
94. What’s your go-to phrase?
95. What’s one silly, little-kid item that you still have somewhere hidden in your room?
I still have my Cinderella castle from when I was 3.
96. Who is someone that’s impacted your life or helped you become who you are?
97. What’s one thing you want to achieve before you die?
To start my own family
98. What’s your favorite book?
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
99. What’s one thing, silly or serious, that you’re guilty of?
I can make absolutely anything sound dirty.
100. What makes you blissfully, completely, smile-from-ear-to-ear happy?
The beach 🙂